THE TALON

THE TALON

Stylin and Wildin

Alexis Correll in her off the shoulder sequin dress.

Alejandra Borges-Rodriguez, Editor

Looking forward to an eventful night filled with memories and fun, Fivay students begin to get ready hours before the homecoming dance to look their best. On the night of October 13, 2018,  the cafeteria was filled with bright lights, loud music, and loads of amazingly dressed students. Dresses ranged from short to long, matte to shimmer, and contemporary to extravagant. We spotted some of the kids who stood out in style, here’s the fashion wrap up of homecoming!

1. Zyta Fonseca and the Little Black Dress: Dressed in a short, black and gold, flowy dress paired with black stilettos Fonseca stood out in a crowd for holding a classic look. “What inspired me to choose my dress was that I wanted something different than the average look, but classy. I liked the lace pattern and the sheer detailing of the top.” 
  2. Jacqueze Richardson’s One Of a Kind: In a grey and unique suit Richardson definitely caught everyone’s eyes. With a shimmery bow tie, silver detailed vest, grey pants, and red (Louboutin) bottoms, Richardson look was definitely memorable in the best way. “I enjoy standing out, my look was different than anyone else, and I take pride in that.
  3. Maybis Castro in Royal Blue: Dressed in a short, royal blue with gold detailing dress, Castro kept it simple but stunning. The gold chain paired with gold heels kept the look simple and clean cut. “Sometimes less is better, over doing a look is not always a good idea because too many elements can throw the whole thing off.”
  4. Ryan Esaja’s Pop of Red: With a black button down shirt, black pants, and black shoes Esaja decided it would be a good idea to throw in a pop of color, and we could not agree more. The red suit jacket complimented the look perfectly with the gold detailing on the shoes, pulling the over all look together with ease. “At first I was unsure of what kind of look I wanted, after looking online I gathered some inspiration by other outfit ideas and came up with my own.”
  5. Alexis Correll’s Mesmerizing Look: Dressed in a beautiful long, rose gold, off the shoulder, sequin dress Correll turned heads plenty of times throughout the night. The form fitting dress did Correll all the justice showing her body shape as well as length, keeping her amongst some of the most stylish present at the dance. “Since the dance was Disney themed I wanted to go as Jane since I was going with Elijah Colon (Tarzan). I could not find any dresses in her style, so i decided to give her name a new look.”
  6. Elijah Colon as Tarzan:  In a beige suit with a rose gold tie and brown shoes, Colon stood out amongst the others for having a theme. Being known as Tarzan at Fivay and having a Disney themed homecoming, what night would be better to look like the Disney character. “I have been known as Tarzan for as long as I can remember, it only seemed fitting to dress like him at a Disney themed homecoming.”
  7. Jazmine Oliveras as Jlo: Wearing a knee length, black, silver sequin, form fitting dress Oliveras was hard to miss. Looking like Jennifer Lopez, Oliveras stood out for wearing a traditional dress style but taking it from good to amazing with the silver detailing down the front and sides. “My intention was not to look like Jennifer Lopez, I actually picked the dress simply because it stood out to me. But I am honored to be compared to such a strong and important woman.”
  8. Linkoln Meek’s Classic Look: Dressed in a white button down, with a black suit, and a pastel pink bow tie Meek kept it classic. Meek’s pink bow tie really pulled the look together, taking a simple classic look and making it a little more than what it would have been with a black bow tie. “Well I had to match my girlfriends dress. I could have just worn an all black suit, but that seemed a little boring so I decided to go for the pink bow tie, which matched my girlfriends dress perfectly.”

Linkoln Meek’s simple yet classy suit, complimented by his pink bow tie.

9. Chloe Rudicil Trying a New Look: Wearing a short, nude dress, with rose gold sequins Rudicil stood out for having such a fun look. The rose gold detailing really threw the look over the top, taking what could have been a simple dress and making it that much better. “What I liked most about this look is how bright it is, I am far more used to darker dresses, but I wanted to give something new a shot.”

About the Writer
Alejandra Borges-Rodriguez, Section Editor

Alejandra Borges-Rodriguez is one of the newest additions to The Talon staff. She has a talent for writing and sense of design that she brings to make...