THE TALON

THE TALON

Flying With The Fanatics

The Falcon Fanatics at the Fivay VS. Bishop game celebrating as the Falcons take the field.

Zoe Coats

Zoe Coats

Serenity Gillman, Editor

Sitting in the stands, cheering on the Fivay sports teams, they all coordinate and wear school colors; many of them laughing, smiling, talking, and cheering. They watch the game, waiting to see what happens next. When a point is scored they stand and cheer, basking in the excitement with the team.

The Falcon Fanatics are a group of students at Fivay that just want to have fun and be involved in school. They enjoy watching the game, showing school spirit, and just having fun in general. Many of them plan outfits and coordinate, while also allowing other people to join and have fun with them.

“The Fanatics play a big role at Fivay.” Falcon Fanatic leader Torrie Berryhill (‘19) stated, “We are the student section for every sport, and we get people motivated to want to come. We also get the athletes who are playing hyped during the game.”

The Fanatics give everyone a feeling of excitement during the game, whether you’re watching it or not. This makes us want to come out to more games to have more fun and show more school spirit.

“I say that we could be better if the school had more school spirit,” Justin Michaca (‘19) states, “There’s not as many people anymore. Everyone should come out and support their school, it makes it more fun and exciting.”

Not only do the Falcon fanatics affect the people at the game, it also has an impact on the group members lives. It requires many of them to show school spirit and do things after school. Many of them enjoy being able to be goofy with their friends and show support for Fivay at the same time.

“The Fanatics play a really big role in my life.” laughing Berryhill adds, “It keeps me busy. It also keeps me involved in the school.”

Being part of the fanatics allows many of the members to watch the different sports and maybe get them to tryout for some, which helps in showing even more school spirit.

With many of the members of the falcon fanatics being seniors, the turnout may not be as big next year. The Fanatics hope that next year the underclassmen keep the ball rolling for many years to come, showing more school spirit than ever before. The Fanatics hope to grow as a whole And continue to better the school.

“I want to join the Falcon Fanatics next year!” Millianna Buchanan (’22) exclaimed. Turning to her friend Serenity Gillman (‘22) she adds, “Serenity next year we definitely have to join that! It looks so fun and exciting!”

Anyone is welcome to join the fanatics, the only requirements are that you show up to games and show your school spirit.

About the Writer
Serenity Gillman, Section Editor

Serenity Gillman is one of the newest additions to The Talon staff. She has a talent for writing and sense of design that she brings to the news section...