THE TALON

The Weight To Win

Eva Reveron, News Reporter

The day has finally arrived: hours of hard work and devotion has officially and successfully been paid off for our Fivay Weightlifting team as they defeat their biggest rival – River Ridge.

“It was definitely very nice to pick up that win.” Coach Tim White explained, “It was the first time Fivay has beaten River Ridge in our schools history for Girls Weightlifting.”

The team has worked very hard for their first ever win against their rival school, as well as making time for there studies, but the accolades did not come easy. As well as having constant practice during the school year, the team joins together during their summer break annually.

“They’ve put in tons of hours, worked out all summer, and worked out all in the off season. They put time and effort that it took to deserve that win” Coach White said with confidence.

This win also hit big with the weightlifters themselves, “The goals coming into this season was definitely to beat River Ridge and honestly just to do our best – like we do every season.” Ashlyn Jumper (‘19) said with optimism, “This season has been a little different, but it’s different in a good way.”

Along with other members of the team concurring that the atmosphere has changed, when referring to the team being different, Jumper credited the talent the team possesed from last season and the new talent from Ridgewood’s integration. Fivay Girls Weightlifting team is looking forward to next season and will be working hard for another win, along with many accomplishments to come. Until then, go to a meet, put your feet up, and cheer on our lady Falcons!