Kicking In to the Season

Girls soccer tryouts were very successful, and students are excited for this season.

Alyssa Cosenza, Sports Writer

Fivays girls soccer tryouts were last week along with the announcement of who made the team. Sarah Cetnor (‘20), Mckenna Croghan (‘20) and Zyta Fonseca (‘20) all made the varsity soccer team but had some things to say about how tryouts went. 

“Tryouts have been going super good. I’ve been able to see a lot of underclassmen come out and try something new. I’ve been playing since I was 4 years old so it’s always great to see more and more kids tryout for soccer” Croghan said. 

Freshmen girls all the way to senior girls have tried out, making the practice even better than before. Many of the girls have played for Fivay before so the majority are excited for the newcomers. Having a good connection with the team and the coach is very important, which is why the girls get to know each other while trying out. 

“I love trying out for sports because I get to meet new people and create bonds with other students at Fivay. All the girls are super sweet to me and I can’t wait to see everyone that makes the team” Fonseca said. 

The team has already been chosen with Sarah Cetnor as one of the captains on the team. She’s been playing soccer since she was a little girl because it’s something she’s very passionate about. Cetnor has played for Fivay before and has high hopes for the season to come. 

“I think with the right mindset and goals in place the girls and I can make it far. Coach Rizzieri has been training us well so we can do our best on the field. We have a game against Lecanto soon and I really can’t wait to show everyone what we have to offer” Cetnor said.