Getting Prepared for Tests: PERT Bootcamp for Seniors

This boot camp is supposed to help you get a better understanding of what’s on the test. It can really help you achieve the test goals as well as your own. Full attention and participation is required, as they are here to help you pass and graduate.

Kaitlyn Rose, News Editor

Fivay High School is having a boot camp for all the seniors who have not passed their Algebra 1 test. Algebra 1 is a requirement to pass High School and is sometimes a tricky one to pass. The boot camp will be held on November 20th, 2019 at 7:30 am. This boot camp is just for Algebra 1 and the seniors. More information will be out soon about the younger grades taking the Algebra PERT test as well.

This boot camp is supposed to help you get a better understanding of what’s on the test. It can really help you achieve the test goals as well as your own. Full attention and participation is required, as they are here to help you pass and graduate. The boot camp is free for everyone to ask any questions and have that individual one on one as well.

The boot camp is helpful to students and should be given to the students for an opportunity to improve.

“I think students who struggle, will be able to learn more with a different person teaching it and improve,” Cody Loura said. “I think it’s a different thing to try, and students should always be open to doing different things; especially with trying to pass these hard tests,” said Loura.

These tests can be sometimes difficult and is always useful to have special tools to help. As the algebra 1 test is coming up soon to retake, some other useful tools are packets online, tutoring, and stuff provided from the test company.

If you have any questions please see Mrs. Binder in the Media Center room 01-200G. Mr. Bullwinkle will be running the boot camp and is open to questions as well. People who are not sure if they are required will get an invitation form their first-period teacher.