The Most Important Reasons to go College

Rachel Kanaris, Opinion Writer

College can be one of the most exciting and new chapters in a person’s life. Whether it’s later down the road, or right when you graduate high school, the topic of college can give you many different viewpoints on it.

Many people don’t realize all the benefits college can have for a person. For most, it’s about having more education. But there are many other benefits that go along with going to college. For example, one of the biggest things that most people do realize is you can have higher career choice when you’re finished with high school. If you aren’t too sure on what you want to study, you could always go and get your Associate’s Degree once you’re finished with high school, while you figure out the career path you choose to take later on in life.

The benefits of college goes further than just more education and a higher pay. But of course, in today’s world, a living wage is very important. That will go with having more career choices and fitting their requirements, statistics say, “high school graduates earn an average of almost $30,000 per year. Bachelor’s graduates earn an average of just over $50,000 a year. And those with a higher level degree, average nearly $70,000 per year.”

Depending on the way you go about college, it can also help you gain independence. For example, living on your own, taking responsibility, and for most coming out of high school – living without your parents/guardian. College will always be considered an investment in your future, a pathway to a career, that’ll always come out as benefiting you. Giving you better career choices and job security, personal development, satisfaction with a career, and more money.