Fivay’s Photography Contest

Chloe Blanton, News Writer

Fivay is having another photography contest where students from Fivay can submit in some of their work to be judged and to win prizes. The winners will be announced on December 16th ,2019 on the school news. This contest has began on November 11, 2019 and will end on December 13, 2019.
“So far, only two people are participating in this contest but they have another week to turn in photos. Hopefully we’ll get at least ten participants,” Peter Poletti said.
There are three judges for this contest. Mr. Merto who is a professional portrait photographer, Mr. Blessings who is a former medical photographer, and Chloe Sampson who is a Hobbysit photographer and the former Fivay Photography club president.
“I hope to see mostly creativity and proficiency in the use of basic principles of photography,” Poletti said.
There is a three dollar fee for each entry. Proceedings from this contest will go towards the purchase of new photography equipment for the Fivay Falcons Photography club. The entries for this contest will be printed on photographic paper and will be exhibited in the main building. The theme for the photography contest is landscapes.
There will be three winners chosen from this contest, one first place winner, one second place winner, and one third place winner. The third place winner will receive a fifteen dollar gift card. The second place winner will receive a twenty five dollar gift card. The first place winner will receive a fifty dollar gift card. Each place winner will also receive a certificate of recognition.
Good luck to all the Fivay Falcons participating in the third annual Fivay High School photography contest.