Fall in Love with our Favorite Rom-Coms

Morghyn Sipes, Montage Writer

We hope to have you swooning with our top picks for rom-coms.

In honor of Valentine’s Day coming up, I have a list of the best, top 14 romantic comedy movies to put you in the mood just in time for February 14th.

To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before
This movie stars Lana Condor and Noah Centineo. This is about a girl who wrote letters to each of her crushes throughout the years. Her sister ends up finding them and mailing them to every one of the guys. With the guys all knowing about Lara Jean’s former crushes on them, relationships form and feelings develop, all while Lara Jean manages through high school.

10 Things I Hate About You
The main character, Kat Stratford’s, little sister, Bianca isn’t allowed to date until her older sister gets a boyfriend. The guy that’s trying to get with Bianca pays bad boy, Patrick Verona to date Kat. They end up falling for each other until the boys’ plan goes wrong when feelings get hurt and the truth sets out.

Clueless
Clueless is about a spoiled rich girl, Cher, who likes to play matchmaker. After giving the new girl a makeover, Tai ends up taking her throne and realizes her ex-stepbrother, Josh, was right all along and falls for him in the midst.

Easy A
Olive has a best friend who’s quite popular. She realizes how boring her life is compared to hers, so she makes up a lie that she lost her virginity. A nosy girl ends up hearing her and spreads it around school, and now Olive is the talk around the school, but not how she wanted.

Sixteen Candles
Samantha’s birthday ended up being forgotten due to her sister’s wedding. She takes interest in an older boy, Jake Ryan, who has a girlfriend, meanwhile the nerd, Ted, is in love with her.

Love, Simon
Simon Spier has a troubled love life. He is closeted, scared to come out to his friends and family. He ends up falling for an anonymous person he talks to online, while a girl is smitten over him, oblivious of his sexuality.

She’s the Man
One of my personal favorites, this 2006 movie is about a girl named Viola Johnson who ends up posing as her twin brother, Sebastian, at a boarding school. While she pretends to be him, she ends up falling in love with his roommate, Duke, who is in love with another girl, Olivia, who’s in love with Sebastian (technically Viola). This makes it extremely complicated, especially when Sebastian comes back to school, oblivious of the fact that his twin sister is pretending to be him.

She’s All That
Zach Siler gets broken up with by his cheerleader girlfriend, Taylor, leaves him for a reality tv star, Brock Hudson. This makes his reputation plumett, so desperate for a rebuttal, he accepts a challenge to get the school’s outcast, Laney Boggs, to trust him and make her the school’s prom queen all in six weeks.

Flipped
My all time favorite movie! This movie came out in 2010, and it’s about a girl named Juli Baker who’s head over heels for her neighbour, Bryce Loski. For the several years she’s in love with him, he doesn’t even seem to bat an eye and doesn’t reciprocate the feelings. Six years later, she realizes how pathetic she’s been and begins to move on from him. Meanwhile, Bryce finally begins to see her in a different perspective.

Forgetting Sarah Marshall
Peter is mostly known for being the boyfriend of actress, Sarah Marshall. When she dumps him for someone else, he takes a vacation to Hawaii where he ends up bumping into his ex and her new guy at the same hotel.

When We First Met
Noah Ashby falls in love with a girl at a Halloween party, only to get friendzoned by her and get the news she’s engaged to someone else 3 years later. He ends up being able to go back in time to the night they met at the party with a photo booth that’s also a time machine, where he tries to make things right and fix it.

How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days
Andie Anderson gives advice in writing pieces. When she’s asked to write about how to lose a guy in 10 days, she succeeds and ends up trying it out herself with an actual guy, Ben Berry, who wants to make a woman fall in love with him in the same amount of time. Both of their plans end up backfiring.

Never Been Kissed
Josie Geller is a copywriter at the Chicago Sun-Times. In order to get a good piece on teenage culture, she poses as a student at her former high school, where she falls in love with her English teacher.

The Edge of Seventeen
Last but definitely not least, this movie is about a teenage girl named Nadine, who has a not-so-perfect life. Her best friend starts dating her brother, which is a huge line crossed for her, and she can’t help but feel alone, living in her brother’s shadow. She gets close with her teacher, who pretends to not care, but they end up helping each other in the end. He ends up being like the father figure she once lost. This movie really highlights struggles we face as teenagers. After falling out with her best friend, she meets a boy, Erwin, who slowly puts her back together. She’s oblivious to her feelings until the very end, where she rekindles her relationship with her brother and best friend, too.