Band and Choir Amp up the Show at Their Concert

Last week Fivay's band and choir put on a performance that left the crowd in awe

Fivay+band+putting+on+a+great+performance+directed+by+Fredrick+Bowlus+

Brianna

Fivay band putting on a great performance directed by Fredrick Bowlus

Brianna Phillips, News Writer

On February 27th the Fivay High School band and choir performed a concert here in the cafeteria. Fredrick Bowlus is the band and choir director and Rachel Good is a vocal coach helping. Bowlus and Good both think the students did great and can’t wait to see what they do next. They always put on a great show, this time in one of the songs they put choreography into the routine.

The band and choir has made many big improvements and many are proud of it and it won’t go unnoticed. The music department is a big program, so students talking during rehearsals has been a small issue over time, but they have improved a lot since the beginning of the year.

“Other than professionalism I think the performance was excellent,” Rebecca Carr (‘20) said.

Concerts can be a little nerve wracking, especially for the director, but Bowlus wasn’t worried because he knew the band would pull through and put on a great performance.

“The kids stepped up but I feel like we still have a lot of work to do especially with the band to get ready for MPA,” Bowlus said.

So at the end of the day the band and choir put on a great performance and friends and family came to support the program. Great job to everyone who is in the band and choir and we can’t wait for the next show!