THE TALON

Daniel Sterbens

Adelitta Stanton, Editor

The Man, the Myth, the Legend. Daniel Sterbens (‘19) , a student who is both passionate and proud of what he partakes in , does not live down to his name. Sterbens participates in many activities throughout his community that make him an outstanding citizen. Whether it be finishing his Boy Scouts Eagle project for Veterans to leading a pet-drive as President of the National Honors Society and even the Editor-in-Chief of a newspaper staff, he exhibits hard work and leadership in everything he does. Not only does he participate in these activities, but also is in the top 1% of his class academically and a Varsity Athlete with captain positions as well. With all that he takes on, there’s a common thread that keeps them all connected: persistence. Staying persistent and dedicated to the growing Title I school, overcoming daily obstacles amongst the student body has helped shape him into the person he is today. With the young history of Fivay High School, Sterbens strives to be a part of the setting foundation for future generations to come, allowing him to leave his legacy.

“Everything I’ve done at Fivay has changed who I am and to my very core I feel this school will always be a part of who I am and a part of the person I become,” Sterbens said.    

“I want this school to be in a better place than I left it; I feel like here you have to work twice as hard to get half as far, so I hope that I’ve made it more possible for kids to reach farther than they’ve reached before. I hope I’ve taught people around me lessons of integrity and trustworthiness, and most importantly to be really proud of who they are and who they become;  because if you are willing to put in the extra work, even when it’s not noticed, because it’s the right thing to do and the best thing for the school in that you make the next generation of Fivay more proud to call themselves Fivay alumni.”

1 Comment

One Response to “Daniel Sterbens”

1. Shannon Blackerby on October 27th, 2018 2:50 am

What a wonderful way to keep up with Fivay! The Talon certainly has upped their game this year! I couldn’t be more impressed!

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Daniel Sterbens

ABOUT US

Eva Reveron

• Daniel Sterbens

ABOUT US

Emily Lawson

• Daniel Sterbens

ABOUT US

Journey Hanna

• Daniel Sterbens

ABOUT US

Belle Marrazzo

• Daniel Sterbens

ABOUT US

Adelitta Stanton

• Daniel Sterbens

ABOUT US

Alejandra Borges-Rodriguez

• Daniel Sterbens

ABOUT US

Skylar Bohm

• Daniel Sterbens

ABOUT US

Nevaeh Hodierne

• Daniel Sterbens

ABOUT US

Serenity Gillman

• Daniel Sterbens

ABOUT US

Alexis Robinson

The Student News Site of Fivay High School
Daniel Sterbens