THE TALON

THE TALON

Adelitta Stanton

Daniel Sterbens, Editor in Chief

Change. The very sound of the word change is enough to incite a sense of fear, yet also a sense optimism and curiosity. If you had known Adelitta Stanton (‘19) from her first year at Fivay to now her last, change would easily be one of the first things to come to mind.

Starting her Freshman year at Fivay, Stanton started out much like most who start off their first year of High School, shy and timid. But it was in the pool where she found her voice and made her most valuable friendships. It is the close friendships and the bonds that she made with those around her that led to the transformation present today.

From her shell, Stanton emerged a leader of her class and of Fivay itself. Last year, Stanton stepped up and into the spotlight to perform in Fivay’s annual Lip Sync Battle, when few would brave the journey to the center of a packed gym and give a memorable performance for their peers. Even more recently, she sprung into action to save the life of a fellow student in a dramatic early morning bus ride to school. It is her willingness to push herself out of her comfort zone, and an innate ability to rise to the occasion that has won the respect and admiration of her peers.

“I hope that when I leave Fivay,” Stanton shares, “those who have met me will remember how I always tried to be there for them. I want people to remember the impact I tried to make on them and the efforts I made to make Fivay a better place.”

Change has not only molded the Adelitta Stanton people know today, but the feeling across Fivay when they hear her name. Though she herself has changed, forever her peers will remember the impact she has had on them and the best she has brought out in each of them.

About the Contributor
Daniel Sterbens, Editor in Chief

Daniel Sterbens has been a part of The Talon staff for two years and has also worked with Fivay's broadcasting program The Wingspan News. He is currently...